The action of making the best or most effective use of a situation or resource.
The PLS Approach:
Warehouse optimization is our process that drives solutions for our customers to ensure a safe and efficient operation. Fulfillment operations all go through a stage where storage and flow become a challenge for their operations. Most of the obstacles that arise in warehouse optimization are related to errors, inefficiency, and lack of transparency. There are common problems that pose challenges to warehouse optimization: inventory accuracy, inventory location, space utilization and warehouse layout, redundant processes, and picking optimization.
Our program will find and drive savings via throughput and space utilization, while reducing errors and improving flexibility, communication and customer satisfaction. We also evaluate warehouse flow, product placement, storage, and retrieval systems. Warehouse optimization is vital to lean warehouses and agile supply chains. The most efficient warehouses are those that have been optimized to ensure a competitive edge well into the future. Our performance based model ensures results and upside 4-5x our fee.
- Packaging practice assessment
- Labor tracking practice assessment
- KPI assessment
- Technology tools assessment (WMS, IMS, and LMS)
- MHE / operations automation tools assessment
- Data science and technology software – Orange Box Intelligence (OBI)
- Visual management tools – dashboarding
- Determine quick and long-term projects
- Execution excellence with boots on the ground
- Benchmark of your operations vs. best in class performers