The action of making the best or most effective use of a situation or resource.
Warehouses all go through a stage where storage and flow become a challenge for their operations. Most of the obstacles that arise in warehouse optimization are related to errors, inefficiency, and lack of transparency. There are five common problems that pose challenges to warehouse optimization: inventory accuracy, inventory location, space utilization and warehouse layout, redundant processes, and picking optimization.
Warehouse optimization is our process that drives solutions for our customers to ensure a safe and efficient operation. Our program will evaluate the opportunity for automation and a determination of how to save time, space, and resources while reducing errors and improving flexibility, communication, management, and customer satisfaction. We also evaluate warehouse flow, product placement, storage, and retrieval systems. Warehouse optimization is vital to lean warehouses and agile supply chains. The most efficient warehouses are those that have been optimized to ensure a competitive edge well into the future.
Our warehouse optimization programs are designed to identify and capture those improvement opportunities, and we utilize the following tools:
- Packaging practice assessment
- Labor tracking practice assessment
- KPI assessment
- Technology tools assessment (WMS, IMS, and LMS)
- MHE / operations automation tools assessment
- Data science and technology software – Orange Box Intelligence (OBI)
- Visual management tools – dashboarding
- Determine quick and long-term projects with sustainable direction and partnership on how to implement changes
- Receive a benchmark of your operations vs. best in class performers